Rosacea can develop at any age and will present itself as flushing and blushing across the nose cheeks chin and forehead. It can be mild, moderate or severe. If left untreated the redness can become more persistent, visible blood vessels (telangiectasias) will appear and there may be pustules, often resulting in a misdiagnosis of acne. The skin will be dry have increased temperature and there may be a burning sensation.
Tips from our skincare pro:
- Keep a diary to identify environmental triggers such as daily activities that may relate to flareups.
- Wash your face in cool water never hot and try to avoid saunas and steam rooms as the heat can exacerbate your rosacea.
- Alcohol and spicy foods will trigger the condition, so always consume these in moderation.
- A good sleep and meditation will always help reduce stress if this is a contributing factor.
Key ingredients to target:
- Lipophilic Vitamin C – Penetrates deep into the dermis to rapidly stimulate hydration and heal dry, chafed or irritated skin.
- Colorado Clover Honey – An antimicrobial ingredient which calms and supports the skin.
- Omega 6 – Provides relief from inflammation and irritation.