Pigmentation is the natural colour of our skin produced by melanin; however, Hyperpigmentation presents itself as darkened patches of skin. It is presented on the skin in various forms such as a Melasma, Photodamage (age spots), Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. Stimulus and triggers for hyperpigmentation can be UVR/ Sunlight, sunlight medication, burns, scarring, pregnancy/hormones, or genetics acne and inflammation.
Tips from our skincare pro:
- First and foremost, use sunscreen daily.
- Use antioxidant protection such as Vitamin C.
- Retinol will help to increase skin cell turn over which will lighten and brighten.
- AHAs will be key to exfoliate the skin and even the skin tone.
Key ingredients to target:
- Lipophilic Vitamin C – boosts the production of collagen, elastin, and natural moisture factors and
helps reverse the signs of ageing.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid – Gentle exfoliation which clears pores as well as brightens and smooths skin
- Retinol – Refines skin which will reduce discolouration and blemished skin.